Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Imperial Indian Summer Ale

The end of November is pretty late for a "what-I-did-this-summer" kind of post, but since significant adventures are about to ensue, and since I did not post for shit this summer, I feel like a catch-up post is called for before moving on to What Happens Next.  So, among the interesting things I did this summer:

  • Went to Coney Island and rode the Cyclone, which may not be an option next summer.
  • Watched movies in McCarren Park Pool, which also may not be an option next summer.
  • Dated a ridiculously great guy, which I hope will generally remain an option in many future summers.
  • Ate at the all Mac-n-Cheese restaurant.
  • Drank the very best IPA I think I've ever had right nearby at the Brooklyn Brewery.
  • Cought a few Sunday afternoon barbecues at the Metropolitan.
  • Saw a bunch of friends from times past and places distant.
  • Saw the production of Hair in Central Park and got a good taste of why people fall in love with New York City.
  • Spent a lovely day at the DIA Beacon, which was nice even for art-grumps like me.
  • Spent a lovely day sailing around the New England coast.
  • Got myself a jailbroke, busted-ass iPhone (but its busted-assedness only makes me love it more).
  • Got a lot of good news about friends makin' babies.
  • Gave up, once and for all, trying to learn to fold fitted sheets.
  • Learned my way around Korean food.
  • Got myself a black president!  (Okay, didn't really happen this summer).
  • Last but not least: learned a little (a very little) Japanese.
And no doubt, a whole bunch of other stuff I'm not thinking of at the moment.  I also, for reasons I can't explain, wrote several posts which I never actually posted.  I've decided to go ahead and post them where they would have gone had I posted them at the time, and link back to them from here.  I kind of want to tidy the place up before moving on, because this place is about to get busier... (see last item!)

No comments: